Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Time's Flying



Like the cliche picture? Yeah? I do as well. As I'm writing this, its 2am in Dublin on Dec 4th, but still Dec 3rd back home. This means I'm only 10 days away from returning to the States! I just completed my last 9am-6pm class day here in Dublin, which really signifies to me that my time is here is coming to a rapid end. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the hard part of my week, since I actually have class all day long, so to get past the final week of actual class means a lot. Next week, we have rehearsal and our big Showcase, so its basically tech week/scrub down the apartment week. Easy, at least on the performance side of things.

I haven't fully processed my thoughts on everything yet, so I'm not gonna even attempt to sum anything up or really give you one succinct thought about my experience here (its not like I'm a proponent for brevity anyway, lol). I'm extremely excited to go home, but I'm really comfortable here. I miss my inner circles, both The Coalition & CFW, but I've grown to really care about the other 11 folks I've shared this wonderful experience with. I'm so thankful to have seen so much while over here, but sad to think that I may not be able to travel abroad again for years. These are just the beginning of my thoughts. I hope I'll have a clearer stream of consciousness wrap up (whatever that means? you ever just ask yourself why you say the silly stuff you do?) before I board my plane on the 13th.

Quick plug for my Showcase, which I'll hopefully have some video of next week. For our voice piece, my friend Peter & I are reciting this poem which basically is spoof of Irish myths. I'm the embodiment of this great hero (typecasting, i know) & he is telling my story. Let me just give you an idea of what's going to take place: bongos + shirtless Kevin + the spirit of Right Said Fred (I'm Too Sexy) + Usain Bolt impersonation + Elvis impersonation (complete with pelvic thrusts) + Afro wig & sunglasses + cupping breasts (my imaginary ones) + King Arthur's foam sword + He-Man pose = A Legendary Performance.

Wish y'all could be here.

Peace & Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh snap, you're coming home tomorrow. Crazy. We'll talk soon cuz we have some things to discuss and some things to drink lol.