Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sacrifice

As I've stated before to many of y'all, this trip is a huge change of pace for me. I've barely been off the East Coast, so the thought of going so far away is both frightening & exciting. At this point though, I ain't even trippin off that anymore. What really has me buggin out though is the sacrifices that are necessary for me to have this brand new experience.

Sacrifice

Its a hard thing for me to accept sometimes, even though I know its necessary as I continue to grow, mature, & excel. I'm going on this trip by myself, without family or friends, without anybody from school, without any of my support system. It's all on me & I'm emotional about it, which is ironic to me cause I grew up reveling in my independence, but now its a huge challenge to rely on solely on myself after surrounding myself with great people over the last 4-5 years. I learned to trust people, love people, & now its time for me to learn about letting people go.

Doubt & insecurity have come back, but I ain't trying to act like they ever really left. Its just that now, I won't have my peoples to bring me back to reality & remind me to believe in myself. I've promised myself though that this will be a challenge for me, not a problem for me. I take pride in my resolve & being able to love myself, so I'm gonna use this experience to really strengthen my independence & trust myself. I'm coming back a better man at the end of this trip & that'll be evident to my peoples. I can't wait to make y'all proud.

No comments: