Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back Again, This Time With Ridiculousness!

Man, its really been over a week since I posted. I definitely knew I had to get back on this joint, but a brotha's been busy with class & visitors in that time span, so please bear with me. But before I get into a recap of what's been happening to your favorite Black boy in The Land of the Leprechauns, let me just hit y'all with some Dublin ridiculousness.

Aiight, so today I was in Aldi (a super cheap supermarket, like shopping at the Wal-Mart supercenter but with less options) & I'm in line for the check-out & I look up at the other line & what do I see? A white dude with Mullet Dreads! Yes, you read that correctly: MULLET DREADS. It was business in the front & rasta in the back! Let me give y'all a pic of Mullet Dreads that I found on Google, just so y'all have a visual to rock with:


I haven't missed my Palm Centro more than in this moment. You know that I woulda took a pic in a heartbeat on my phone, but taking out my digital camera woulda been a lil too obvious to make this work. The funniest part of it (aside from the fact that I find White dudes with dreadlocks hilariously akward) was that dude was with his girl buying a bunch of 6 packs of cheap ass beer, just like you'd imagine a redneck would do. I know stereotyping is wrong in situations like these, but this joint just screams ridiculous!

And then, when I thought the Mullet Dreads were just a bold Irish redneck fashion statement, I saw it again in an even more hilarious incarnation: The Asian Mullet Dreadhead. Come on, man! Come, On! You mean to tell me that Harold decided that he was tired of rockin the bowl cut, so he went to his barber & was like, "Gimme that Jeff Foxworthy/Bob Marley hybrid. That'll be on some next level jumpoff, son!"? What is going on? Do I even need to say Negro Please?

I hope I see more Mullet Dreads while I'm here, the amusement that I get from them is priceless. I'll blog again tomorrow with the story behind my wonderful weekend.

Peace & blessings!

No comments: