Friday, October 31, 2008

The Proudest Adult Moment of My Life (so far)



Ladies and gentleman, there is officially no better feeling than contributing to a historical event. As you can see, this is me dropping my official absentee ballot in the mail on my way to class on Thursday afternoon. I had previously felt good about sending in my Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot, which would still make my vote count in case I didn't get my official ballot (voting abroad is more complicated than necessary), but now I have the joy of saying that I filled out the official ballot that I would of done if I was back in Columbia. I do miss the retirement home polling place that I grew up going to with my mom when she voted.


But anyway, as many of you know, I've been on cloud 9 the past couple of days. The same Thursday that I voted, I was feeling really good. My iPod was wicked on the shuffle (kids, go grab Cameo's greatest hits, them boys ain't no joke!), I got my Halloween costume (that's a forthcoming post), and I had a wonderful, warm feeling about those closest to me in my life. Along with that personal joy, the rain had subsided in Dublin, which is always a cause for celebration. I really felt like God had parted the gloominess of the day to share his shine with me both inwards and outwards. As I basked in this feeling, and danced down the street to "Back and Forth" by Cameo, I took pictures outside of the tennis club where we have class in twice a week. I wanted to document how the sky looked when I was feeling highly favored, so these are the pics:

After I took these pictures, I realized that class wasn't at the tennis club that day & had to bust my butt to get up to the IES center (not too far away, but still) before I was too late. I had been so caught up in the feeling, and especially my music, that I forgot where I was supposed to be. If God was showing favor, I'm sure He also was setting me up to amuse him with my absent-mindedness. I love the idea of that duality. I hope things fall into place in your lives & y'all all get a chance to have a divine moment like that sometime soon.

Peace & blessings y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its good discussion regarding this piece of writing here at this website,
I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.


Here is my web blog - cccam f line syntax