Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back On My BS

Hey hey hey

I'm writing this right now just to tell y'all that I got a bunch of stories coming from my week long vacation. I would start the process of sorting through all my pics & all the notes I took to remind myself of everything that went down in Amsterdam & London, but I'm supposed to be writing papers & rehearsing my monologue. Oh, I'm also supposed to read a play. Yikes! I'm breaking my rules right now cause I got the itch. I hate the overused, cliched addiction, I-need-a-fix-like-a-crackhead metaphor, so I'll just say that I got this intense fever to just write. Y'all know I think a lot, about a bunch of random stuff, and that I occasionally get deep & philosophical outta nowhere, so expect some posts like that soon. Too much is going on for me to keep it all in my head (and I think Farah is getting a little tired of being my only outlet, even though she won't admit it, lol).

Topics soon to come:
  • Amsterdam - It is & isn't exactly what you think
  • Airport Security
  • Internal Monologues (Why you inside joking with yourself? Dueces to Mr. Sterling! hahah)
  • Dutch is an unsexy language (which prolly explains why no one outside of the Netherlands speaks it)
  • Developing a passion for art
  • Remembering what I actually like to learn as opposed to what I'm forced to learn
  • Liminality (look it up, I just learned what it meant)
  • Diversity abroad
  • The search for wisdom
  • Everyone keeps telling me to write a damn book, but about what?
Trust, I got a lot to say (don't I always?), so hopefully I'll take a portion out of my day here & there & share more with y'all. Until then, be safe, smart, strong, & beautiful like I knew each of you were when I left & VOTE FOR OBAMA!

(Seriously though, vote! I'm prolly speaking to the choir here, but still I can't go without saying that. And if, surprisingly, you're a McCain supporter, its best you not speak to me until 2009, cause right now I'd question my friendship with you.)

No comments: