Thursday, October 16, 2008

It Ain't Over...

(I promise only had 1 drink that night, I just look goofy. lol)

So, I would be completely remiss to say that my weekend only was great because of Farah. The majority of it, yes, but I gotta show some love to my buddy Anna also for stopping by to see a brotha. Her & some her girlfriends we're actually in town visiting Dublin together, but you know we had to link up & have some pints together. Farah & I actually planned to go out with them on Saturday night, but we weren't feeling to hot after stuffing ourselves silly at this bomb ass Asian fusion restaurant. So, I made plans with Anna to meet up with her & her girls on Sunday night, not the best night for going out, but whatever.

We went to this pub called Porterhouse Central, a nice pub with good local brews & cheesy pop/rock music. Side note: I had gone there randomly with a a group of friends for one of my classmate's birthday that same week & due to a mix of good beer & desperation for ANY black music, I showed out to MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" & Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman". Not my finest moment, even though I love those classics, but I just figured that'll give y'all some insight to my experience.

Me & the ladies had a nice time talking about politics, studying abroad, traveling, missing bf's/gf's, why I call Anna "Applehead", and exchanging roommate stories, all before heading to a late night spot for some delicious pizza. Good times.

I forgot to mention, I visited a new town this past weekend also. So, Sunday morning I rode to the airport with Farah & had the sad "I don't wanna say good-bye" moment, and as you can imagine, I wasn't in the best mood going back. After the 25 minute trip back to City Centre, I'm walking up street to get to the light rail & I here my name being called (which was miraculous seeing as though I was blasting The Game loud as hell in my headphones). Turns out that it was my classmate that live down the hall from me, and in the midst of a 5 minute convo, they somehow convinced me to go to Howth with them. Howth is a seaside town outside of Dublin, which is a 30 minute train ride away. It's known for having great seafood.

Mind you, I'm not feeling real personable right now. One of the closest people to me just left, plus I just threw whatever clothes were on the floor on (y'all know them type of mornings), so the thought of exploring a new town wasn't high on my list of priorities. But I figured that seeing something new would help me get over my sadness, so I went. I'm a proud dude, my fellas wouldn't approve of me moping around all lovesick, lol. Howth was nice, as I was satisfied to find out. Its really quaint, somehwere you'd wanna live since its on the water & close to a major city without being a tourist trap. There were some great views from the lighthouse we walked to, which I couldn't take pics of since I aint have nothing on me, but trust that I'll be back with pics for y'all. There was an open air market, so you know I pig'd out on some damn good food (apple & cinnamon crepes = yuuuuuummmm). We stayed for a couple hours & then bounced, so its definitely a good trip if you wanna go out for a nice seafood dinner & walk along the coast before returning to the city to do whatever you do. Did it help me get over my lovesickness? Kinda, but moreso it just made me a little sad that I ain't have my people here with me to see this. Its one thing to reflect on my own, but I'd to share these experiences & reflect on growth with folks that know me best. One day we'll get there, but til then I'll keep blogging & keep the faith.

Peace & Blessings y'all!

No comments: