Thursday, September 4, 2008

Best Field Trip In A Long Time!

So, Day 2 in Dublin = Day 1 of IES Orientation. Sounded kinda boring, so I wasn't too excited, but I knew we were going on a field trip & I kept my fingers crossed. Oh how I was rewarded! Well, the morning at the IES Center was boring, but then we went to Glendalough (pronounced glen-da-lock) & everything was great from there. It was like a hour & a half outside of Dublin & it was literally going from city to countryside, which mean it was soooooo beautiful! No lie, people aint sell a brotha short on Ireland's beauty. From the fresh air to the clear skies to the rolling greens, I appreciate a spot like this. They had this nice ass lunch set up for us, just an extra nice version of soup & sandwiches, & had a brotha sipping tea instead of soda for once (something, i'll admit, i'm getting used to). Then we went on a walking tour of the Monastary ruins on the site, which dates back to the 6th century. That really adds some depth to everything we saw, cause I've never been anywhere with that much history! Plus, the founder of the Monastary was a dude named St. Kevin, so you know I was looking for something to use as inspiration (and maybe some fly ass braggadocio later on down the line, lol). I'll put up a couple photos here & the whole album on facebook, so check there for details from me & comment on what you see.








Peace & blessings, folk!

No comments: