Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Final Thoughts Before I Left

September 2nd was a crazy day for me! It was actually time to not only leave home, but leave the country for the first time. Was I really ready for this? Who knows? But I damn sure wasn't gonna let on that I'm too nervous though. Nerves are natural & I don't need pity for mine.

Just to preface how crazy of a day it was, let first start by saying that I was behind schedule like usual. Mom & I tried to pack the night before & were able to get 1 bag under the 50lbs weight limit, but then the other bag broke as we were trying to stuff it as full as could be. So on the morning of 9/2, we had to go to the bank, see AAA for some Euros, buy a new suitcase, & pack the 2nd half of my life...all before 1:30pm, when we would pick up Drew & head to the airport. Needless to say, it got done (like always), but the stress prolly aint good for my blood pressure (only half a joke on that one).

(Note: There was supposed to be my 1st video here, with my final thoughts before I left, but it won't load. I'll fix it some other time. V-logs are a work in progress, but I shall get my actual voice heard eventually!)


It was sad to have to say an early goodbye to my pops before hand, but at least we got to say bye. I can't complain about that. The other crazy part of my day was getting on my daggone flight in the first place. Note to anyone who cares: DON'T USE SMARTFARES.COM AS A 3RD PARTY WEBSITE! I got an email from them like a week ago talking about a flight change for me & the new info said that I'd be flying Air France from BWI to ATL to Dublin. Well, me, mom, & Drew get to BWI, walk to the Internation Terminal & there's no damn Air France sign, nor counter, or anything!!! Come to find out, after at least 20 minutes of mom looking for answers, that Air France flies out of ATL, not BWI. So then I gotta go to Delta, who had the only flight scheduled for my time, & explain my situation. I'm given the runaround for 10 minutes, then I check in with my passport at the kisok , where it shows that I was supposed to be flying Delta the whole damn time! Ain't that bout a.... but anyway, I digress. Once that confusion was straightened out, I spent a lil more time with fam before walking to my gate. The picture above is from that time spent. It meant a lot, even though I couldn't say it at the time.

No comments: