Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Place!

Yo yo yo, I've been behind on blogging my events as they've happened to me, so some stories my get lost in the midst of it all. First, let me catch y'all up about where I'm living. I'm not actually in the heart of Dublin, I'm actually in a place called Sanford. I'd compare it to Sandy Springs in Atlanta or Bethesda in MD, cause its a really nice, safe area with ultra expensive homes all around. We've got a school right down the street from us, literally a 30 second walk from the apartment, and a church at the corner of our street. Maybe I'll hit up sunday service for once? I promise I'll at least give it a try, but y'all know I can't promise more than that, lol.

Funny story time! So, one of my roommates is named Chibbi. Its a nickname, not a birth name, but it fits him. Chibbi is a Mexican guy with a big Afro, which is something these young Irish kids aint never seen before. On the first day, our RA (she don't live in our building, she's just responsible for us) give us a tour of the area. So its me (completely on my Negro shit: fitted cocked to the side, Morehouse saunter in effect mode!lol), Chibbi (Afro Mexican), & these 3 white girls, who live down the hall from us, walking down the street past the elementary school & when the kids saw us, they straight bugged out! One kid saw me & screamed, "Whaddup, man!" in some exaggerated tone, but then also decided it was cool to throw up his version of a lil gang sign! I mean, dude twisted up his lil fingers in some upside down Westside joint, but was standing there with his legs spread & the lil sign right around his crotch. It was fuckin hilarious! The best part though was seeing all the kids in playground drop what they were doing & rush to the gate to see & cheer at Chibbi. They reminded me of the little martian toys in Toy Story that got all awestruck when a human picked one of them outta the arcade game. Just classic shit right there.

Let's just say that they set ya boy up lovely in this apartment. European stuff is smaller than stuff in the US (which is really starting to trip me out, but more on that at a later time), but I damn sure am getting quality for the space I got. They gave us digital cable, which gets some American stations, so you know my ass got comfy real quick lol. Here are some pics to give you a feel of what I got:

The living room


Kitchen


Nice shower/tub

My room (classy artwork, hun? lol)

A view off our balcony!


I don't know why I couldn't align that last pic, but whatever! More posts coming soon! Peace & Blessings.

1 comment:

E.D. Miles said...

that shit is laced! nice view too. looks like a good place to sip on some guiness lol!